BLOG OF MEP PETER SLOVAK

This blog is dedicated to all people who are interested in work of virtual MEP Peter Slovak who is a member of the international game ""EP for YOUth".

štvrtok 17. februára 2011

PETER SLOVAK´S CLIMATE CHANGE CAMPAIGN


The Member of the European parliament Peter Slovak, as a part of Political group: Green and co-operating Europe , supports a lot of activities aimed at the environment isuues and thinks that it is possible to help our envinment by supporting campaingns to help our nature. He agrees with words of St. Francis of Assissii who said:
„START BY DOING WHAT´S NECESSARY,
THEN DO WHAT´S POSSIBLE
AND SUDDENLY YOU ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE.“

Climate change is a global problem, and yet each one of us has the power to make a
difference. Even small changes in our daily behaviour can help prevent greenhouse
emissions without affecting our quality of life. In fact, they can save us money. We can control climate change and pledge to become responsible citizens by reducing our CO2 emissions through making small changes to our daily behaviour.
A LIST OF PLEDGES / choose from these:
A) I decrease the temperature at home by 1 Celsius and
turn off the lights whenever I don't need them.
B) I don't leave my TV, computer or stereo in a stand-by
mode but switch them off when I don't use them.
C) I change our light bulbs into energy-saving bulbs.
D) I change our electricity into one that uses renewable
resources.
E) I don't waste in vain - I prefer to fix and repair rather than
buy new
F) I sort my waste and recycle whenever possible
G) I use products that have as little packaging as possible.
H) I use public transport and walk or bicycle instead of
driving a car.
I) I eat local food and less meat.
J) When I buy food I use a bag or an old plastic bag.
K) I favour environmentally labelled products.
L) I plant a tree and ask my friend to do the same.

And this is really what can do all of us, small steps, which can do big diference! Do not forot:
„START BY DOING WHAT´S NECESSARY,
THEN DO WHAT´S POSSIBLE
AND SUDDENLY YOU ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE.“

1 komentár:

  1. St. Francis of Assissi was right telling his words and I am sure the campaign of the MEP Peter Slovak will help our environment. It is always true - "THINK GLOBALLY - ACT LOCALLY!" Peter go on!!!

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť